Tuesday, August 02, 2005

GO RED SOX!

Hey blog,
Did you know that dreams really do come true?!

Check this out:

Next Wednesday, August 10th, 2005 I will be returning to the land of my birth TO SING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM AT FENWAY PARK!!!!

Seriously! I'm not kidding! I can't believe it either but its really happening... big thanks to my friend DREW! He is wicked awesome [wipe away single tear].

8/10/05 7:05pm start vs. Texas.

I can't believe that I'll be on the field with David Ortiz, Johnny Damon, Jason Varitek, Manny Ramirez, Trot Nixon....and the entire BOSTON RED SOX STARTING LINEUP!! I'm really hoping I don't faint or trip or mess up or get arrested for assault and huggery against David Ortiz.

Wish me luck, blog! Maybe you'll be able to hear me on WEEI, not sure. And if you have any sporty/pretty/patriotic outfit ideas, I'm open to suggestions.

GO RED SOX!!!

love,
Anne

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, congratulations! You'll be great, don't worry about it. Good luck and I'm sure you'll enjoy every minute :-)

9:21 AM  
Blogger The Hazzards said...

Thanks Nathan!
It turns out it will not be televised by the way...and that's a shame too as I've just learned that Wednesday is disability awareness night at Fenway and there will be 4th graders signing the anthem along with me. Please read that correctly- signing...not singing. SO AMAZING. It just keeps getting better and better...
love, Anne

11:50 AM  
Blogger The Hazzards said...

I can't believe you're going to have 4th grade, sign language interpreters! I am soooo proud of you.

Love,
Sydney

4:06 PM  
Blogger Noah said...

Hey Anne, Noah Smith from Vassar here. As a Sox fan (Dan Golub and my brother and I have a Sox blog) and an old-style new England liberal, I cannot tell you how thrilled I am that when Barbara Bush threw out the first pitch on Wednesday, she was following the co-author of lines like "Now we've made it back to your place/Let's continue sucking face" and "I like cigarettes and that's no gag/But you'll always be my favorite fag"

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home