Monday at Lolita Bar. . . Free!
Have you heard about this cool new neighborhood? It's called The Lower East Side. They have lots of cool bars and shops and bars and stuff. Last time we were there we ate delicious dumplings for a dollar and saw someone famous wearing a raincoat!
We're celebrating the first anniversary of Tell Your Friends, Liam McEneany's weekly, awesome comedy show. Tell Your Friends is always good, but this week is going to be fantastic! Seriously. Check out who's playing...
Sydney & Anne
MONDAY, SEPT. 25, 2006
TELL YOUR FRIENDS!
First Anniversary Show!
at the Lolita Bar
226 Broome St., corner of Allen
8:00pm - FREE
DEMETRI MARTIN from "The Late Show with David Letterman," "Late Night w/ Conan O'Brien," "The Daily Show w/ Jon Stewart," and a new album dropping on Tuesday.
JOHN VIENER writer for "Family Guy" and he also played Chevy Chase on some TV movie about Laraine Newman or something
CHRISTIAN FINNEGAN has been seen on his own "Comedy Central Presents" half-hour special, he's your favorite commentator on VH1's "Best Week Ever," he was Chad The White Guy on Chappelle's Show's "Mad Real World Sketch," and his album drops next month
LIAM McENEANEY from Comedy Central's "Premium Blend," VH1's "Best Week Ever," and was a writer for Comedy Central's "Standup Nation w/ Greg Giraldo"
THE HAZZARDS have appeared on Comedy Central's "Out on the Edge" hosted by Alan Cumming, and on Comedy Central's "The World Stands Up." Their video "Gay Boyfriend" was an Internet sensation, getting over one million downloads in its first three months live on the InterWeb; it was later remixed as a EuroPop Dance tune, and reached the UK charts at #67, ahead of some crap song by Seal. They played at the 2005 Kennedy Center Honors for Steve Martin.
THE O'DEBRA TWINS These ladies are insane, and insanely talented. You will be captivated, I'm sure. And our house band A Brief View of the Hudson!
WHAT THE PRESS HAS SAID ABOUT "TELL YOUR FRIENDS!"
* Time Out New York called it a "DON'T MISS" twice now, and said: "With a slew of talented stand-ups . . . and folk-rock duo 'A Brief View of the Hudson,' Liam McEneaney's new show—and 'workout comedy room'—is sure to please."
* The NY Daily News made it a Monday pick of the day.
* AM New York put it in their "Best Bets" section.
* "Editor's Pick!" - clubfreetime.com *
The Onion says, "Though it's pegged as a 'workout room' for comics to test their new(ish) material, Liam McEneaney's weekly show Tell Your Friends flexes enough comedic muscle to pull its weight alongside more established downtown shows. Demetri Martin, Slovin & Allen, and Late Night With Conan O'Brien writer Brian Kiley are among the stand-ups who have squeezed into Lolita's narrow space since the show's debut this summer, alongside the surprisingly tolerable resident folk duo A Brief View of the Hudson."
ABOUT OUR HOUSE BAND
A Brief View of the Hudson is a folk-rock duo that blows away audiences at every show they play. Here's what the press has said:
* "BEST FOLK DUO" "It's rare that we like a band from the first chord. Yet the first time we saw folk duo A Brief View of the Hudson play at the Bowery Poetry Club we were hooked. "Ann Enzminger and Nicholas Nace incorporate many of the best characteristics of both country music and classic rock without sounding derivative...Enzminger is a tiny woman, a hair taller than five feet, but with an opera-trained voice as big and sweet as a bowling ball–size Hershey Kiss. Nace's twangy talk-singing adds a quirky and ear-catching roughness; we crave the combination time and again." - The NY Press
* "It is not often that a band sounds like nothing you've ever heard & still sounds good. That's what you get from A Brief View of the Hudson." - The NY Sun
* "A Brief View of the Hudson features Ann Enzminger's arrestingly powerful vocals, which are well tuned to the duo's graceful songs of indie-folk heartbreak." -Time Out NY